Monday, April 13, 2009

Walking and being blown away ...

On the 29th, I met the rest of the lovely ladies already participating in this year's Mrs. New Jersey America Pageant. I don't know how the judges are going to pick who will be Mrs. New Jersey America 2009! All are smart, dedicated, accomplished, and beautiful. One of my favorite things about participating in the Mrs. New Jersey America Pageant was getting to know the other ladies during the course of the year. We're not only a pageant one weekend, we do charity work and appearances throughout the year, and really get to know each other at the wonderful workshops Geri holds to make sure we're all ready for pageant day and beyond. From walking and clothing selection to health and interview skills, it all gets covered in detail before you hit the stage.

Geri's still taking applications for this year's pageant, so check out our website at mrsnewjerseyamerica.com for more information.

Staying on my feet in platforms is easier than trying to get through the blustery winds the next weekend on my way to an appearance on the shore with sponsor Doc Smile. I was his guest at a Film Festival and had a great time on a windy day (we in NJ have been having a lot of those lately!). I thought I might blow away! But I made it inside just in time and met lots of interesting, artistic people from around the state. Here I am with the Doc Smile team:




No comments: