Monday, May 4, 2009

The other side.


Had a wonderful time at a local auction two weekends ago. I was asked to show items during a charity auction. Lots of beautiful donated items and money going to great causes. I didn't want to take anything off, but was happy to help raise money for charity.

The next day I was honored to be a judge at the 2009 New Jersey Superteen pageant.

I must say thank you to all the judges I've had competing for Mrs. New Jersey! Being on the other side of the table is hard. The ladies were so enthusiastic, lovely, and well-spoken, I wanted to put a crown on each of their heads. Big congratulations to Caroline Strazzulo, who was crowned at the end of the night. Have a wonderful journey this year; you will learn so much about yourself!

It was fun to spend time with Christina (Mrs. NJA 2006, Superteen choreographer and tabulator) and Geri (Mrs. NJA 2003, Mrs. NJA director, Superteen host) as well!


Then yesterday I went down to South Jersey for an Irish festival and learned about NJ maritime history - I've always found maritime history fascinating after studying it in a graduate school class. It was the first year of an event I'm sure will keep getting bigger and more exciting. I was glad to be there for its inauguration.

No comments: