Sunday, February 8, 2009

Pump it Up!

This weekend I was very busy, although not "officially" as Mrs. New Jersey America - the crown definitely wouldn't have stayed on my head! To me, pageantry has always been about setting goals and reaching for them, pushing myself to become a better person - wife, daughter, friend, teacher, community member. One of the greatest things about pageantry is that it causes you to reflect on yourself, the person you want to be, and the causes important to your heart. I've been doing so much reflecting on my platform recently, and this weekend only added to that reflection. One of my goals this year was to achieve a fitness certification ... and I did this weekend! Thank you to all those who sent me good wishes in emails, texts, and their hearts. I needed that goodwill when I was pushing into the sixth straight hour that first day, let me tell you, and when I taught my practical test class today (after two staight hours of class participation first)!

No comments: